First mentioned in 1330, used to be called the Sand tower because it defended the city from the side of the Big Sand Road. The tower received its present name in the 17th century when it was used to store gunpowder and cannonballs. The latter are still stored in the outside walls of the tower!
More Tourism info > Old Riga
In the 14th century Roland's statues appeared all over Northern Germany as a symbol of justice and ...
The "Three Brothers" are the best examples of residential buildings of medieval Riga. The &...