Riga This Week - FREE RIGA CITY GUIDE made by locals since 1992

Ekes Konvents

The first Riga guesthouse for travellers was opened in this same building in 1435. It was built on the foundations of the Castle of the Brotherhood of Swordsmen and retains the long corridor plan characteristic of a cloister with small rooms (or cells). 11 cosy rooms are restored now to treasure that traditional feeling of Riga.