The largest cathedral in the Baltics was founded by Latvia`s Teutonic conquerors in the beginning of the 13th century under the bishop Albert. This well-known historical church has become an icon of the Old Town of Riga. In the past centuries it has been destroyed and rebuilt many times, so presently it is a composite of different architectural styles. The cathedral`s last reconstruction took place in 1776 the tower was raised to the height of 90m. The famous organ of the Dome cathedral was made in 1884, it was the biggest organ in the world comprised of 6 718 pipes!
More Tourism info > Old Riga
This monastery was founded at the site of the first palace of the bishop Albert, near the ...