This monastery was founded at the site of the first palace of the bishop Albert, near the fortification wall. It was then passed into the possession of the Dominican Order in 1234. Instead of the monastery`s chapel, St. John`s church was built next to it at the end of the 13th century. After the Reformation, the monastery was turned into a shelter.
More Tourism info > Old Riga
St. Jacob`s Church
St. Jacob's is one of the oldest churches in Riga, references date back to 1225. At that time it was ...
The "Three Brothers" are the best examples of residential buildings of medieval Riga. The &...